Friday, July 22, 2011

Just Write

It has taken me quite a while to get this blog going. I was worried about the perfect concept, the perfect look, the perfect set-up. Would I have followers? Am I doing it correctly? And the whole thing stopped me dead in my tracks. But then I got to thinking... I need to follow my own advice and JUST WRITE. It is my basic philosophy for doing writing and teaching writing. When you don't know what to do, JUST WRITE. The rest can follow. You can delete it and start all over if need be. You can teach your students mechanics, voice, focus, etc. in time. But it all has to start with writing. So, this blog is intended to get everyone writing. I will provide ideas for composing, teaching, and editing writing. And I'm sure that focus will shift over time. But in the meantime, JUST WRITE!

2 comments:

  1. I just became a follower! I look forward to learning from you!

    ~Lorraine
    Fabulous 4th Grade Froggies @
    vasquezfrogs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Proud of you for getting started. Feel like everyone has a blog but me....so I guess that means I have to just write one!

    ReplyDelete